Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NEWLYDEADS! Help, please

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Everyone!

    I was a big fan of the first 3 Faster Pussycat albums, but haven't followed them since then.

    Some weeks ago I got a bootleg of them playing in Las Vegas last year and half way through the set they totally blew me away with a song called Submission. It sounded a bit industrial, but it had enough of that kick ass stuff to get me VERY excited.

    It isn't often I rewind a DVD bootleg the first time I'm watching it to hear a song again, but holy mother of fuck was I excited.

    I thought it might be one of their new songs planned for the next album, but then someone told me it was a song from Taime's other project the Newlydeads.

    Now I'm in deep shit. Not only do I have to get the FP records I have missed out on, now I also gotta get some of this.

    So, I'm asking you all now to tell me something about the Newlydeads?

    What does it sound like?
    How many records have they released?
    Which is the best and why?
    Are there more songs like Submission or is the rest of the record just crap?

    Anything you might wanna tell me.

    I know I could just search around the net for this, but I gotta do something for the sake of conversation here + I have similar taste to some of you guys.

    Now start posting!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member creeper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    releases:
    self titled (feat. submission)
    re-bound (remixes)
    black n shiny (never released but copies are out there for trade)
    dead end (mostly black and shiny songs but does contain some new ones)

    'current' lineup:
    Taime
    Xristian Simon
    Danny Nordahl
    Chad Stewart

    i personally think the newlydeads material far outshines anything faster pussycat. (except maybe FP's self-titled) if you like submission you will love lipstick, night of the living dead, hot pink hot rod, in denial, skin tight skin, etc .... it's all good. on your dvd they should also play lipstick. submission and lipstick are the two newlydead tunes they played on their last faster pussycat tour. also, vegas was a one off show, the line up on your dvd is probably the newlydeads + eric from the murderdolls on guitar.

    the newlydeads started as a side project between Taime and Kyle Kyle from Bang Tango. in the beginning they went by the name Floor 13 but for legal reasons had to change the name. Taime and Kyle recorded the selt-titled album with a few guest musicians. Since the first album there have been a few 'permanent' newlydead members, Danny Nordahl (from the Throbs), Chad Stewart and Xristian Simon along with some guest musicians on the recording, Keri Kelli, Todd youth, etc ...

    my favorite release by them is their self-titled but i think that has to do more with the time and the place of me listening to it. musically i would say Black and Shiny is their best but it is leaning more towards industrial then glam. you might want to start with the self-titled and take it from there.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey! Thanks man! This was excatly the kind of info I was hoping to get.

    It might be they played Lipstick as well. I remember there where a few other songs I haven't heard before (Number 1 With A Bullet and These Boots Are Made For Walking where among them), but the one that really stuck was Submission. When that chrous came in with the screaming voice... I was sold LOL

    Thanks! I'll go searching for the first one then when I get cash again.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member glam_junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've got a spare copy of re-bound if you're interested in that....

    will trade (no cdr's) or sell.
    let me know/

    cheers
    Lindsay

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NEVER ON SUNDAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2005
    Posts
    541
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by chrisdamien:
    Hi Everyone!

    I was a big fan of the first 3 Faster Pussycat albums, but haven't followed them since then.

    Some weeks ago I got a bootleg of them playing in Las Vegas last year and half way through the set they totally blew me away with a song called Submission. It sounded a bit industrial, but it had enough of that kick ass stuff to get me VERY excited.

    It isn't often I rewind a DVD bootleg the first time I'm watching it to hear a song again, but holy mother of fuck was I excited.

    I thought it might be one of their new songs planned for the next album, but then someone told me it was a song from Taime's other project the Newlydeads.

    Now I'm in deep shit. Not only do I have to get the FP records I have missed out on, now I also gotta get some of this.

    So, I'm asking you all now to tell me something about the Newlydeads?

    What does it sound like?
    How many records have they released?
    Which is the best and why?
    Are there more songs like Submission or is the rest of the record just crap?

    Anything you might wanna tell me.

    I know I could just search around the net for this, but I gotta do something for the sake of conversation here + I have similar taste to some of you guys.

    Now start posting!
    <font size="4" face="Arial">check you PM's

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys! PMs sent back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •